BSL level 2
Have you passed your BSL level 1 and are you ready for a level 2 course?
Build your skills and knowledge and achieve a level 2 qualification, accredited by Signature.
What is the course about?
This course is designed to enable you to communicate with Deaf people in British Sign Language at level 2 standard within a range of everyday topics. The course leads to the Level 2 Certificate in BSL, accredited by Signature award body. The qualification comprises three units: receptive, productive and conversational skills. You will have the opportunity to undertake the examinations for these three units within the course.
What will we cover?
You will learn receptive, productive and conversational skills at level 2 in the following topic areas:
- everyday conversation
- daily social / work / school routines
- eating and drinking
- shopping and spending
- travel and holidays
- BSL grammatical structure and features.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Demonstrate usage of BSL at level 2 by:
- showing a wide range of vocabulary
- using correct and clear hand shapes
- using suitable facial expressions with signs
- conducting a conversation with a deaf person
- showing turn-taking and asking for clarification
- telling a short story
- answering questions on a short signed story.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- pair/group work
- questions and answers
- role play
- conduct a conversation
- receptive skills from DVDs.